Your Portland Landscape Designer
With 20 years experience as a residential Portland landscape designer, Carol Lindsay enjoys combining your lifestyle and interests with her exceptional awareness for the design potential of your home-garden and patio spaces. She has an extensive knowledge of plants including NW native plants and home-garden designs.
Carol enjoys using native plants, rain gardens and drought-tolerant landscaping to create NW natural garden designs and outdoor entertaining landscape ideas.
Is your style Modern, Minimalist, NW Natural, Cottage garden or in-between? Carol creates the perfect design in your preferred style.
She is the queen of functional space and flow, loves to work collaboratively with her clients to make every inch of the property useful and easy to care for.
Carol enjoys using colorful low maintenance plants, NW native plants, and edible plants to create simple planting plans for your classic or modern home. There are so many plants to consider that even people who consider themselves gardeners can be mind boggled. Carol selects plants based on intimate knowledge of their ultimate size, appearance throughout the season and low maintenance needs.
Please see a few samples of Carol’s work on the gallery page.
She also offers Garden Coaching for clients who want monthly, quarterly or twice-yearly garden coaching sessions to help keep their outdoor entertaining and garden spaces looking beautiful in every season.
- 25 years designing landscapes in Portland and SW Washington
- Carol creates 60 designs a year for Portland and SW Washington homeowners
- Carol works closely with 4 landscape contracting companies to install her clients designs
- Past president of the Association of NW Landscape Designers (ANLD)
- Lifetime member of the Association of NW Landscape Designers
- Carol studied at Cornish College of the Arts
- Showcase Garden Judge, Portland Home and Garden Show for 7 years
Carol has been featured on multiple articles and radio shows:
- Portland’s 2020 ANLD Garden Tour.
- Creative Crape Myrtles article from Digger magazine July 2020.
- ‘Protecting Your Yard from Your Pet and Your Pet from Your Yard’ interview on Houzz with landscape designer Carol Lindsay written by Gwendolyn Purdom on June 2018.
- Digger magazine article on low maintenance Nandina selections. Read the full article here.
- The Oregonian article on rock wall landscaping. Read the full article here.
- The Oregonian article on How to create a pet-friendly garden: ideas, tips durable plants. Read the full article here.